background

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Week 11

What A Week!

Well this was quite the week. It started out pretty good. On Monday we had a lesson with my favorite investigator (she is really our only investigator, but I think she would still be my fave). Kiersten is doing so good and I am loving teaching her because I can really see her growing. She asked a lot of questions about baptism which is big progress for her. It is really neat.
Then on Tuesday we happened into the coolest lady. Her name is Yovanka, she is from the Dominican Republic and doesnt speak english so I wasnt to involved in our conversation but that is ok. She is just a charm. Though she did feed us way to much. We stopped at her house just after we had eaten a pretty big lunch and then she basically forced us to eat again. The food was delish, but we were just so full! Oh and I need to mention that Hna. Mugar hates beans, she always feels like she is eating beetles when she eats beans. So what did we have for lunch? Rice and beans! Ha ha. And it gets so much better than that. She brought us dessert and guess what it was....now I know you are thinking "I want to say beans because it would go with the story, but no one eats beans for dessert" Well you should have gone with your first thought because for dessert we have frioles con leche....or basically a sweet bean mash soup thing!!! It was really weird, I didnt think it was way disgusting but poor Hna. Mugar! She just wanted to die! Ha ha. But Yovanka is amazing and she is married to an RM and knows the Church is true and the Book Of Mormon is true, but just hasnt felt like it was her time, well we are gonna show her that it is!!!
After Tuesday my week got a little less fun. I got really grumpy and homesick and I didnt get any letters and it was almost my birthday, and I had to ride a bike all day on Thurdasy and Friday(like 30 miles on a pretty uncomfy seat) so Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were not my best days. But Hna. Mugar is awesome and I am really lucky to have her. She always makes me feel better when I get discouraged and always seems to know just how I am feeling and how to make me feel better and I am really grateful for her.
Saturday was my birthday and that was just swell! I woke up to a decorated mirror and singing. Then we got to meet our new ward at an easter picinic and that was really really fun. Hna Mugar took me to CPK and we had birthday lunch complete with a cake and candles! And then when I came home, my week long mail famine had ended and I had a birthday package from home! It was really great! P.s. Mom thanks for the cupcakes, they didnt really make it, but the love did!
And as if my birthday package wasnt enough Hna. Mugar got an easter package complete with a basket for me! And a woman from our ward dropped off an easter basket because she wasnt sure if we would get one. I have to say that is the best part of the area so far, the members here are amazing and take such good care of us and I am so appreciative of them and their efforts.
And then to end a great weekend it was Easter!!! Easter here was fast sunday and guess what happened in my spanish branch...I got up and bore my testimony, IN ESPANOL!!!! Oh boy I was so nervous, but I just felt so strongly that I should do it and I can already feel the blessings coming from the exersize of my faith. Plus all of the members were so sweet and told me how beautiful it was and how much they loved it. They are just to kind to me here.
Oh and we had a delish easter dinner, with the most amazing roles I have ever tasted in my life, and Hna. Mugar let it slip that it had been my birthday so the wonderful Allred family turned their easter cake into my birthday cake and lit candles and sang. It was truly wonderful.
So all in all it was a wonderful weekend. My body still hates Az. I wake up every morning with the worst sore throat and have a horrible flemmy smokers cough all the time. Any suggestions on how to overcome these would be appreciated. But when it comes down to it, things here are really great. I like it more than I thought I would. It is even pretty and has grass. But its alreay 95 outside and just getting started so pray that I dont melt. Also please pray for Kiersten and Yovanka to be brave and act!!
Sorry this is so long and maybe rambling. But I love you all!!!
Love Hna Parry

P.s. Ali Webb if you are reading this please write to me, because I have a letter for you but I forgot to write down your address!!! Love your guts!

1 comment:

  1. We will definitely pray for your investigators. Try not to melt.

    ReplyDelete