Like A Real Live Missionary
This week was well...missiony. I am still not all the way sure about this mission thing most of the time, but I think that I like it. I am really blessed to be here with the companion I have....I got an email from my dad today that I will share a little of...
"So, I found it most amusing to have both your and Hma. Muger's letters come the same day and have them report on basically the same things but with such a different perspective! It just made me laugh to read all of your "struggles" only to have your companion compliment you on the same things. You: spanish is awful, comp: spanish is coming along quite well. You: feel lost in discussions, comp: she added inspired comments and questions. You: feeling overwhelmed, comp: she is doing quite well and doing great. Just made me laugh."
That is about how my mission life goes most of the time, I feel like a big dummy and Hna Mugar is always there to lift me up and tell me that I am doing ok and for that I am incredibly grateful. That doenst take away all the feelings of dumbness though unfortunately. Ha ha. We taught a few lessons in spanish this week and I just sat there and stared....people think I am a moron but that is ok. I always get asked to say the prayer and I am kind of ok at that so at least I am not completely useless!
In other fun and cool stuff we got to work at the Easter Pagent. Every year at the Mesa Temple they put on a play about the life, death and resurrection of the Savior. It is really really beautiful and the Spirit is really strong. This year sisters from a bunch of the missions got to work it and we went on spanish night. I understood most of it because I knew the stories and gospel words. It was really a cool fun experience that I highly suggest if you are ever in the Mesa area for Easter.
Well we had our first shake up here...on Friday we had to switch wards with the spanish elders because they had a lady that was getting to comfortable with them and so for thier own well being they traded us. This in and of itself isnt to big of a deal, but they took Cullumber ward...our ward that had 3 baptisms on date, the best ward mission leader and bishop ever and all of our support. Ah! Hna. Mugar was really sad, I didnt really know anyone yet so it isnt to big a deal for me but it was kinda crazy. The ward they gave us hasnt had to much sucess in the past little bit and this maybe so so naive of me, but I am stoked to get in there and find and teach!! We will see if in my next email my greenie fire has been extinguished or not! :)
This weekend was conference...YAY!! I was sick...BOO!! But still it was conference and that makes me really happy! It was so cool because I was able to witness the first of many miracles that I expect in the field. One of our investigators texted us right before the 2nd session on Sunday with a question "how does the Book of Mormon prove the Bible and vice versa and also in Revelations it says you cant add to the Bible without going to Hell" well we told her that we would talk about that on Mnday in our lesson and asked her if she was watching conference. She said yes she was. So now if you will fast forward no more that 20 minutes from that text message, Elder L. Tom Perry got up and started into a story about his friend Steve...and then proceeded to talk all about the Book Of Mormon! If that is not an ask and ye shall recieve momment I dont know what is! It was really miraculous and an answer to a womans prayers. The Lord is good.
We also had the opportunity of having one of our investigators get baptized on Sunday. I havent known Bobby for long, but Hna. Mugar taught him so I was really excited for her and it made me really excited to get to share in that moment with people I have been able to teach. The work is good here and I am incredibly lucky to be in this place.
Well that is probably long and boring enough, I am so grateful to all of you out there!!! I love you all. Oh and just a side note, my birthday is coming up at the end of this week... now I am not suggesting you must send me gifts, but if you were thinking about it but didnt know what to get me, I could really use stamps. Both us and international specifically to send mail to mexico. Just a thought.
Keep writing me, I sure to love it ever so much, you all brighten my days!
Love Hermana Parry
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lots of changes, but it will be good. I know that you are doing a great job and many will be blessed by your service.
ReplyDelete