Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Mission Time!!
This morning (well late morning) I woke up to a text message form my dad, "ITS HERE!". The it is my mission call! I got so excited that I called him immediately. Together we discussed if he should bring it to me, or if I should come out to my parents house and open it with everyone, He then jokingly said he would just read it to me. I could not wait after that, so over the phone my dad opened my mission call and told me the news...Tempe Arizona mission, spanish speaking! I just started laughing before the words were out of his mouth...Arizona. The one place I had said that I did not want to go, speaking spanish, the thing i didnt want to do if i stayed in the states. How ironic! It is very interesting the way the Lord works. Before today I thought that if I got called to Arizona or New Mexico that I would be bummed, and lo and behold I get called to Arizona and my mission covers parts of New Mexico. But I am not even a little bummed, I am so excited! Having my dad read a call that was just for me, assigned to me by the Prophet of the Lord, thougtfully and inspirationally picked, one I would have NEVER chosen for myself is so surreal. I am so excited and cannot wait! I will keep you posted as to what comes next! Oh by the way, I leave January 18th!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment