background

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

5 Years

It has officially been 5 years since I graduated from high school. I have been thinking about that a lot lately and how crazy that seems. I was so lucky to have 4 of the best friends in the whole world when I was in high school and am even more blessed 5 years later to still be lucky enough to call them all my best friends. In those 5 years things have changed a lot, I moved to college, I had to get jobs and actually provide for myself, I met amazing people some of which I dont keep in touch with like I should and others that have become 3 of the greatest friends I could have ever wished for. I made some good choices and a bunch of really stupid choices and grew from all of them. I fell apart and I grew up. I half way graduated from college and realized that I still have no idea what I want to do when I "grow up". 5 years ago I graduated from high school with big plans about how my life would turn out and who I would be at my 5 year reunion and the reality is that my life now is absolutely nothing like I had planned on it being, but that is ok. The thing I realized most in the last couple of days is that somethings change and some stay the same. That despite everything my family is still my family even if I dont live with them, that there are certain friendships that remain solid and the same no matter what changes and that in the end, everything is going to be ok, no matter how it deviates from the original plan. So congrats Class of 2006, we made it 5 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment