Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Week 46
Eleven Months! What?
Well it is one week until Christmas Eve, and that means that I have been a missionary for a long time and it doesnt feel like it has been that long. But really, tomorrow is my 11 month mark! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! I dont know how that happened to me, but it did. It is pretty scary and I dont feel like I have been a missionary that long. Weird.
We had a big choir program this week in our spanish ward and the "hispanic choir" came. Now if you have served in a spanish ward you will understant that Kerr and I were awaiting something magical, but they actually did a really great job and the spirit was really strong. The best part was that the hispanic choir is made up of a bunch of different wards and there were some people there from Gilbert! Oh my goodness it made me ever so happy to see them! It made me remember how happy I am to be a missionary because I have truly had the chance to fall in love with some really incredible people on my mission and I am pretty sure that they love me too, and that is such a coool blessing.
The week has been good, we have had a lot of really fun Chirstmas parties and have had a lot of fun lessons too. We are teaching a lot of youth right now and I am really loving that. There is something really cool about teaching kids that could possilby go on missions and raise families in the Gospel. And one of our former investigators, Denise, came back this week after having run away for almost 2 months! We got to teach her this week and it was SO good to see her home! That was a true Christmas miracle and I am way grateful!
Well that is about all that I have this week. Next week will be Christmas eve, it is weird, it doesnt really feel like Christmas here, just kinda like normal life without the anticipation for Christmas morning...but it is ok, because I totally have the best gift...talking to everyone about the Savior. Cheesy, I know. But so true!
I love you all, have a happy and safe week!
Love Hermana Parry
These pictures are not the best....but these are two of my favorite people from Gilbert that were in our sacrament meeting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment