Monday, December 10, 2012
Week 45
I Heard You Like Mustaches
This has been quite the week full of just absolutely amazing days, blessings, and miracles! I am feeling pretty happy.
It is Christmas time here in Arizona and despite the lack of snow I am feeling the spirit of Christmas. Oh man, I love Christmas. I miss temple square. They put lights up at the mesa temple to, but we have to have investigators to go with us and we have been struggling lately with getting quality gators who actually want to progress so who knows if I will get to see them or not. But that is ok, it still feels christmasy. A member gave us a christmas tree and Hna Kerr's mom sent her a box of Christmas decorations so we have decked the halls!
Things here are going really great. Last week was a little stressful just because I had to be the one in charge because Hna Kerr is new to the area, but this week has been good. She still cant help to much with planning sometimes, but we are having a lot of fun together and we laugh alot and that helps to ease my stress. Plus just a lot of good stuff has happened this week! Here are the highlights!
First of all, I got letters and packages this week. I got packages from the activity days girls and young women in the ward, which was so sweet and it might sound sorta selfish, but it is nice to know that you are not forgotten by your ward. Thanks girls! And I also got a package from the Sara, the oldest sister of my dear sweet friend molly, it was a blanket. When I opened it I saw plaid and thought cute...then I read the card and it said "I heard you like mustaches" and when I pulled out the blanket, the other side is covered in mustaches! Oh man! It is so great! Everytime I use it it makes me laugh. Oh it is so great!
Then Friday was the bomb.com because we had a mission tour...and guess why....because Elder Quentin L. Cook came! That was so snazzy! Also Bishop Gary Stevenson, presiding Bishop and Elder Walter Gonzalez from the presidency of the 70! Oh boy, it was so cool and we learned so much and had so much fun. It was such a blessing!
And then on Saturday, John got baptized! Oh I love baptisms and I have been so SO blessed to have gotten to complete so many families! John and his wife Nykol already have "get sealed" on their calendar next December! Oh golly I am just feeling blessed! Being a missionary is the all time greatest. I know it sounds cliche, but it is true. Hna Kerr and I were reading Alma 26 and Ammon goes off about how no one in the history of the world has ever been so blessed or so happy as him because he got to teach the lamanites. Well I feel like that! Me and Ammon might need to fight it out for who gets to say that. Well things here are so good. I am happy and so grateful for all of you and for all I have been given!
Love you all!
Hermana Parry
My Bigote Blanket
Stockings hung with care
Our Tree
Us and the Kirkbys
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment